Author Topic: Hatchet job  (Read 341 times)

Offline Duncang

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • View Profile

Offline John Edwards

• View Profile
Re: Hatchet job
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »
I could put what I think of this but it's a family website, what a buck passing idiot.

Offline Duncang

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »

Offline winger14

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
I have to agree, that the actions of a number of England players in  New Zealand was disgraceful.  I remember well the comments in the English press, let alone the NZ press, who made a meal of some English players antics.
Jumping of a Ferry, throwing Dwarfs around in a pub, and what amounted to taking a Maid hostage in an Hotel room, must have been extremely embarrassing for the tour management and Martin Johnson in particular.
Certain players let themselves, their colleges and their Country down.

I may have missed something when reading  this section from Rob Andrews book,  but has I read it, I agree with what he has said.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:33:06 PM by winger14 »

Offline John Edwards

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
Because he isn't taking any responsibility for his own actions and was heavily involved too but seems to forget that.

Offline Duncang

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
And being old fashioned I thought there was a code in rugby along the lines of 'what goes on on tour stays on tour' . Winger I don't particularly disagree with Rob Andrews sentiments and would be OK if he was expressing them in private instead of washing his linen in public just to increase the sales of his book?

Offline winger14

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
I doubt the Rugby Code would have meant much here, has the incidents were plastered all over both the NZ and English papers, so no chance of keeping anything in-house.   Rob Andrew probably did what the vast number of people in similar situations would do, let the responsibility travel uphill and never let the buck stop with you.

Duncang

Does that mean that when I write my book, I can't mention the DENT incident.  If I mention all the gory details, in particular, the Basques, Suspenders and Fishnet Tights, I'm sure it would increase my book sales ten fold.
Off course I shall give code names to people involved, and for decency's sake I shall not mention the names off any of the Sheep.   Also I will except no responsibility, but put the blame fairly and squarely  where the buck should stop -------------- YOU.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:58:15 PM by winger14 »

Offline JOHN SHAW

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 02:30:22 AM »
Ask him about his recent Edale jaunt and collapsing in pub 😂😂

Offline jake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »
They don't call Rob Andrew 'squeaky' for nothing. Simplest thing to do is not buy his cr_p book and make him go and earn a proper living rather than leeching of the RFU and more recently some poor unfortunate county cricket club

Offline Duncang

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
Winger, John anything I'm accused of, I can categorically confirm, it was not me it was my twin brother!

Offline winger14

• God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:11:54 PM »
It's funny you should mention that Duncang, because your twin brother contacted me last night after reading my post, and said that you would blame him.   He stated categorically that it was his twin brother that brought disrepute to the family name.

Can't wait to speak to John regarding the Edale incident.  I can't say anything about you collapsing, because after 2 bottles of Jamesons, I tend to fall over a lot myself.